[Zope] Storing a reference to a page within a python variable.

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 17:54:46 +0200

Alec Munro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to be able to store references to different pages within a
> dictionary in python. I know how to store the actual page(by calling it
> and assigning the results), but sometimes that page depends on variables
> that might change a few times during the course of that pages life as a
> dictionary value.
> I'm sure there is a way to do this, and I haven't figured it out yet. As
> an added bonus, is it possible for this reference to be useful from
> within python and using TAL?
>
> Thanks very much,
> Alec Munro

Use the path to the object as the unique identifier and store it in a
string or a list of string, i.e.
obj_list = ['/your/document','/another/document']
or
obj_list = [['your','document'],['another','document']]

Use
restrictedTraverse() to get the object from the path and
getPhysicalPath() to get the path from a given object.
IIRC, one of the needs the first variation of obj_list,
the other one the second, so you'll need to convert.

cheers,
oliver