[Zope] Catalog-aware python product

Chad Nantais cnantais@rednaxel.com
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 16:05:38 -0400

There seems to be lots of docs on CatalogAware for ZClasses, but not much
about Python Products.  Basically, what I want is for a new instance of a
product to trigger the re-indexing of the catalog or whatever is neccessary
in order for the new instance to appear in a catalog search immediately
after creation. It would also be nice if editing the instance triggered a
re-indexing to reflect changes in keywords, text, etc. immediateley as well.
And, of course, when the instance is deleted it should remove itself from
the catalog. Is all or any of this possible through within Python products?
Is this what CatalogAware means?  My efforts in reverse engineering Python
products have yielded little fruit on this subject.

Thanks for any help in advance.

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of John
Schinnerer
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 3:38 PM
To: zope list
Subject: Re: [Zope] Catalog-aware python product

Aloha,

I'm still curious about the original question - I'm getting into python
products and need to know how to make a relatively simple product
(starting from MaxM's EasyProduct, for example) 'catalog aware'.  I
know I will be explicitly using the cataloging methods in my python
code to catalog and uncatalog...but how do I make them available in the
product?  Is it just an import of something, or is there more to it?

thx,
John S.