[Zope] How should my ISP set up Zope?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 23:09:24 +0200

Felix Ulrich-Oltean writes:
 > I'm looking to "help" my ISP (aletia.com) to add Zope to its list of
 > services. I'm not very clued up on Zope at all, so I'd apreciate some
 > advice on how best to do it.
If your ISP is ready to give you a personal Zope installation,
then he just installs Zope as described in the installation
instructions, maybe using the INSTANCE_HOME approach described
on Zope.org.

He can give you ssh/ftp access to Zope's "Products" folder
(inside INSTANCE_HOME), such that you can install new products.

You should have "Manager" priviledges such that you can restart
Zope after you uploaded new products.

He would define a virtual host directing requests to your Zope.
Lots of documents about this on Zope.org (see Apache and Zope,
VHM, Virtual Host Monster).

Dieter