[Zope] Maintaining Zope/ preventing Data.fs corruption

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 22:43:12 +0200

Scott Syms writes:
 > I've recently lost a wiki site because of what looked like corruption in the
 > data.fs file.
"Data.fs" is in fact very robust as in normal mode, Zope only
appends to it...

Standard backups should be enough for your protection.

 > So I'm wondering if there are any "grooming" tools out there
 > that can report on the integrity of the Zope db and/or fix problems in the
 > file before it bites the dust.
You can look at "fsrecover" (inside "lib/python/ZODB") or
the "tranalyzer" (may be spelled a bit differently).

 > How stable are the alternative storage engines for Zope, ie/ storing data in
 > Oracle, etc?  And is there an upper limit on how much data I can store in
 > the Data.fs safely?
I doubt they are more robust than FileStorage...

Dieter