[Zope] Mail from python script

Brian Sullivan briansullivan@coursesbywire.com
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 18:56:16 -0400

I am attempting to send mail ( using Zope 2.5.1 on Win2000) from python
using the following code found at Zopelab.com:

mailhost=getattr(context, context.superValues('Mail Host')[0].id)
mailhost.send('Test', 'root@coursesbywire.com',
'root@coursesbywire.com', 'Test')

Using DTML sendmail tag seems to work without a hitch but the mail
server rejects the Python script generated email with the following
error info:

Reason: Message headers exceed xxx bytes.
Headers are probably not formed correctly.

Is there some flaw in this Python email sending strategy ?-- is this a
peculiarity of my mail server (SlMail)?-- Is there some other way to
send the email from Python?