[Zope] Zope and CORBA

Antonio Beamud Montero antonio.beamud@agora-2000.com
09 Jul 2002 08:49:23 +0200

Why not include the CORBA ORB event loop inside ZOPE ORB event loop.
This way you can use Zope objects directly (No through XML-RPC), and you
can integrate legacy system's easily... =BFno?

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 20:58, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Antonio Beamud Montero writes:
>  > I want to export some methods of my product via CORBA. I'm looking up
>  > how to start the ORB loop inside Zope, but I can't see the correct
>  > form...=20
>  > Has anybody integrated a Corba ORB with ZOPE sucessfully?
> I only know of successes when Zope has been a CORBA client (--> mailing
> list archives).
>=20
> To run the ORB mail loop inside Zope, you probably do it best
> in its own thread.
>=20
> Be careful, when you access Zope's persistent objects. You will
> need a ZODB connection and carefully handle transactions.
> Read the ZODB3 documentation (--> Zope.org).
>=20
>=20
> Dieter
--=20
Microsoft merges technologoies:=20
Windows CE + Windows ME + Windows NT =3D Windows CEMENT

----
Antonio Beamud Montero
Agora Systems S.A.

http://www.agoratechnologies.com