[Zope] Can't paste or rename some objects

Chad Nantais cnantais@rednaxel.com
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 16:27:50 -0400

That is correct.  I was using a manage_afterAdd function in the product
that created subfolders.  I moved the creation of the subfolders into
the factory function itself and added the aquisition wrapper with
getattr() which was missing.

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Chad Nantais writes:
>  > When I try to rename or paste a folder object, I get this error:
>  >
>  >    Error Type: Bad Request
>  >    Error Value: The id "Pictures" is invalid--it is already in use.
>  >
>  > Here's the folder structure
>  >
>  > /
>  > Cactus (Folder)
>  >      AloeVera (CustomPlantProduct)
>  >          Pictures (PhotoFolder)
>  >              pic1.gif (Photo)
>  >              pic2.gif (Photo)
>  >          Tags (PhotoFolder)
>  >              tag1.gif (Photo)
>  >              tag2.gif (Photo)
>  >
>  > I am trying to either rename Cactus folder to CactusOld or (preferably)
>  > copy/paste it to another folder in the site.  There are no conflicting
>  > Id's named 'Pictures' in my root folder.
> I expect there is some problem with your "CustomPlantProduct".
>
>    Maybe, its content is held in a class attribute instead of
>    an instance attribute.
>

> Dieter

Chad Nantais
Rednaxel Interactive