[Zope] array module and pickleing ques

Aseem Mohanty aseem@neurobehavioralsystems.com
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 07:34:32 -0700

why does a call to array.array() cause an unpickleable error??

the pickle docs on the python site dont mention anything about arrays,
nor do the array docs mention about pickling.

 i have a feeling that it might be because of the fact that arrays are
dynamic data structures and thus the pickler doesnt really know about
its limits (of course I could be totally and miserably  wrong) i couldnt
find anything in the docs to support my 'feeling' and the source is kind
of above my current level of expertise in python

any help would be appreciated or i am doomed to a major rewrite....

the source in my product that causes the error :

self.K=array.array('H')
self.L=array.array('B')
self.R=array.array('H')

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes