[Zope] WebDAV Functionality Question

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:51:59 +0100

--On 10 July 2002 13:48 -0400 Patrick Hresko <phresko@pa.aacisd.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have Zope (2.5.1) installed and have the WebDAV server set up ( -W
> 8088) and working.  I am using win2k web folders to connect to the webdav
> server.  I can connect and browse just fine, but I get an error when I
> try copy a file from my win2k box to the server.  Has anyone found a way
> around this.  Thanks.

Hmmm. Windoze WebDAV is variably broken (it got better - but not
perfect - going from WinNT, Win98, Win2K - YMMV). Can't remember the
details (having given up and switched to WebDrive or TeamDrive
some time ago - see below) but things like .htm files won't copy
but .doc files do .....

.... to see how wonderful WebDAV could be at least visit

<http://www.webdrive.com/>
<http://www.teamstream.com/>

and download evaluation copies of their WebDAV clients.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/