[Zope] ange-ftp to zope 8021 in emacs 21

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:05:16 -0500

Is anyone having success with ange-ftp in emacs 21 using the zope ftp
server?  It worked fine for me in emacs 20.7, but in 21.2, when I try
save-buffer, I get the error:

  byte-code: Keyboard macro terminated by a command ringing the bell

I have successfully edited and saved files via ange-ftp with other ftp
servers, so it seems to be some combination of the recent version of
ange-ftp/emacs with the zope ftp server (and perhaps others).

I posted to gnu.emacs.bug, but am wondering if anyone else has
encountered success or failure with this combination, and more
important, has any suggestions for how to fix it.

Thanks,
John Hunter

GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
Zope 2.5.1b1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.3, linux2)