[Zope] ange-ftp to zope 8021 in emacs 21

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:49:35 -0500

    Jason>  Zope Version (Zope 2.5.1 (source release, python 2.1,
    Jason> linux2), python 2.1.3, linux2)

    Jason> It seems to work here just fine.  Are you sure you are not
    Jason> firing up one of your own keyboard macro?

It's interesting that it works on your platform, which is very close
to mine.  I launched emacs with
 > /usr/local/bin/emacs-21.2 -q --no-site-file

so I don't think it's one of my keyboard macros.  And I checked the
binding of C-x C-s to make sure it was running save-buffer.  I'm not
the first to bump into this problem:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=byte-code%3A+Keyboard+macro+terminated+by+a+command+ringing+the+bell&btnG=Google+Search

but I haven't found the solution yet.  I wonder what could explain the
differences in your platform and mine.  The emacs version numbers are
identical; the only difference in the zope version numbers is that I
have Zope 2.5.1b1 and you have Zope 2.5.1.  We're bit running python
2.1.3 on linux.  Weird.