[Zope] DTML-comment (was DTML, Zope and Regex)

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:21:24 -0700

You can, more or less. DTML will disregard unknown tags, as will most HTML
rendering engines (XML is another matter).

So go ahead and changed <dtml-if> to <xdtml-if> and watch it get ignored.
Note that this is not a true dtml-comment, as the code between tags will
still appear in your output, but it's a handy trick for finding logic
problems.

But I would like to have a smaller alias for dtml-comment, too. Truthfully,
what I would really like is a 'Comments' tab in the ZMI for every object
allowing me to store adminstrative docs in the objects. And it would be
really great if I had a chocolate ice cream cone right about now,
preferrably in a waffle cone.

There. Now we are well and truly off-topic.