[Zope] New MySQLdb/ZMySQLDA releases pending

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
10 Jul 2002 17:32:15 -0400

The (hopefully) final release candidate for MySQL-python (MySQLdb) is
out:

(mysql-python-test 0.9.2c3)

ZMySQLDA is still on 2.0.9b2. That seemed to help prevent some crashing
problems, although it seemed a lot of those crashes were fixed by
Python-2.1.3. So I'd like some feedback on this: Did you try
ZMySQLDA-2.0.9b2 to fix problems that you were having with 2.0.8? If so,
what was the effect?

Zope notes: MySQLdb-0.9.2 plays nicely with Python-2.2.1; not sure if
2.6 is targeting Python-2.2 or 2.1. If you are using Python-2.2 or
newer, _mysql.connection and .result are sub-classable types. There's
also more support for Unicode now; not sure what the current SOTA is for
Unicode in Zope. ZMySQLDA doesn't do anything with Unicode currently,
but could very easily.

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0x930B8AB6
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy