[Zope] Newbie: Python:Path Troubles

Rebecca.R.Hepper@seagate.com Rebecca.R.Hepper@seagate.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:32:15 -0500

Hello All,

I am using Zope 2-5-1 and CMF-1.2.

I am trying to use python:path in a html form to get a path name which I
will pass to a python script and use the setDescription function on.  I am
not getting the python:path statement to work.  If I print my python:path
statement into a table header I get something like:  "<PortalFolder
instance at 90a24a0>"   What I am doing wrong?  I have pasted portions of
my code below.  I also attempted to use 'nocall' but didn't get that to
work for me either.

Thanks in advance!

     tal:repeat="folders python:myhere.contentValues(filter
={'Type':'Folder'})">
<th tal:content="folders/title">Title</th>
     value="folders"
     tal:attributes="value folders/title"></td>

<!--    <th tal:content="python:path('root/MyPortal/folderA/%s' %
folderID)"></th>  -->
    value="folderPath"
    tal:attributes="value python:path('root/MyPortal/folderA/%s' %
folderID)"></td>

Then in the python script:
folderPath.setDescription("This is my new description")