[Zope] long data type truncation in zmi

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:24:02 +0200

Cindy Reikes writes:
 > When I update a long property's default value in a
 > property sheet, the last digit is getting truncated. I
 > am running 2.4.3 on IE 5.5. Anyone ever seen this?
I did not see it, but I can imagine what happens.

Some Python versions append an "l" (maybe "L") to the string
representation of "long" values. Of course, you do not want to see
this "l". Maybe someone tries to peel it off and is a bit careless.

   The "l" is not there, when the value is an "int" rather than
   a "long". The peeler should check before it removes something.

Dieter