[Zope] shot my acl foot...

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:14:14 -0400

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 10:14:43AM -0700, David Bear wrote:
> I made a big mistake.  I added a ZWikki product, then when I created the
> Zwikki web application, I went into the folder it created an uncheck all
> the acl permissions.. Okay -- I should rtfm... but I was in a hurry. Now,
> I can't do anything with it -- not even delete the folder.  Is there
> anyway to overide everything and erase the folder and start again?  I had
> not done anything it after initial creation so I suppose and could just
> leave it there -- but I really want it gone.

Log in as the emergency user; the user name defined in the 'access' file. If
you don't have an access file in your INSTANCE_HOME, create it with the
zpasswd.py tool and restart the server.

The emergency user has access to everything regardless of permission
settings, but cannot create new objects (except for acl_user folders).

--
Martijn Pieters