[Zope] NeoBoard - Stupid Newbie Questions

Philip Kilner phil@xfr.co.uk
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:02:41 +0100

Hi All,

We're currently evaluating Wankyu Choi's NeoBoard product, and are
having a few problems finding our way around.

The product looks /extremely/ polished, and appears to have the
functionality we require, but there seems to be no documentation beyond
a quick HowTo on installation.

When you install the product, you are prompted for user IDs for board
managers - however, there are no ACLs created in the NeoBoard folder,
as far as I can see. Should the board managers be in synch with users
created in the normal way?

When the NeoBoard product is highlighted in the LH "Tree" pane of the
Zope UI, the product appears in the RH "Body" pane of the Zope UI (at
/blah/blah/manage_main) - but there is no sign of the standard Zope
functionality, and no insight into what goes on "inside" NeoBoard. Am I
seeing what I am supposed to see here?

The functionality seen in the Management UI (at /blah/blah/manage_main)
/seems/ to be "end user" as opposed to "administrator" functionality -
am I wrong about this? If so, where /is/ the "end user" view (which I
would expect to find at /blah/blah/ - implied index_html)? If not,
where /is/ the management UI? And is it controlled by Zope ACLs, or
it's own mechanism...or is the user expected to have /already/
authenticated with Zope at this point?

As you will have gathered, I am far from having found my bearings with
this product!

N.B. I have posed this question here - as opposed to on the author's
bulletin boards - in order to expose the dialogue to the Zope
community. Since this is a new product, I am hoping that others are
exploring it right now, as we are...

Regards,

PhilK