[Zope] ZODB Conflict, Thunked_TM and transaction hoseups

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:29:08 +0200

Brad Clements writes:
 > I have an irritated customer whose data driven zope website is screwing up, seemingly
 > due to ZODB Conflicts on StyleSheet.

 > I also use SQLDict, maintaining a pool of SQLDict instances (they're expensive to
 > create) in a Queue (stored in an external method)
 >
 > After pulling an SQLDict from the queue, I attach a gvibDA connection to sqldict by
 > calling the Interbase DA object (to get a db instance), then (from an external method) I
 > call db._register() and then use the connection object from that thread.
I do not know SQLDict, but when it is a persistent object (or
contains persistent objects), your approach can give strange
errors because persistent objects read in one request are
accessed in a different request and maybe in a different connection.

This can lead to mysterious errors.

Dieter