[Zope] Complete data loss - help please

P Kirk patrick@enterprise-hr.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:08:05 +0100

Hi all,

As part of an effort to get Zope and Apache playing together, I made
some changes to my setup.

I moved Zope's port from 80 to 8080 and gave it /tmp/zope.soc
as a socket as opposed to just -w 80.

Being a bear of little brain, I couldn't make the proxy stuff work.

I changed everything back.  And suddenly it was like a fresh
installation, with no way to login.

Couldn't login at all.  Reran zpasswd.

Zope restarts.  I login. My ACL user list is empty as are two test sites
I was using to learn zope.  Actually empty isn't the right word - they
are completely gone.

One of them had a lot of stuff in it I don't have copies of anywhere else.

Where is my content gone?  Surely moving port doesn't result in total
data loss?  What do I need to do to see it again?

Help please!

Patrick