[Zope] Re: [Zope-CMF] Zope behind Apache

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:30:26 -0500

(CMF list trimmed from reply, don't know how this affects them.)

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 02:09:50PM +0100, P Kirk wrote:

> NameVirtualHost pkirk.net.dhis.org
>       <VirtualHost captain.kirks.net>
>         ServerName captain.kirks.net
>
> lynx http://pkirk.net.dhis.org and lynx http://captain.kirks.net both
> bring up Zope while lynx lynx http://localhost and lynx lynx
> http://enterprise bring up Apache.
>
> I wonder if you can see why?

I had to tweak my howto to work at home when I switched to
DSL. Otherwise, I saw the exact problem you did (in my case, because
the DSL modem is its own firewall, versus my server-hosted firewall I
had on cable -- gory details omitted). I've changed the following:

Removed <virtualhost> and namevirtualhost lines. It's my home server,
so I really don't need multiple virtual hosts on it.

Changed RewriteRules as follows:

    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^.*:80$
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) \
    http://127.0.0.1:9673/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [L,P]
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) \
    http://127.0.0.1:9673/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}:80/$1 [L,P]

I've not yet gone back and seen if both of those rules are absolutely
required, but they are working now. Once I've gotten an answer, I'll
edit my howto accordingly. In any case, the result is that I can now
get to my Zope site through its normal dns name, or the local
hostname, or via localhost.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu