[Zope] manage_renameObject

Bjørge Solli Bjørge Solli
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:36:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hello, hope someone here can help me, this should be possible, but I cant
find the solution.

I want to let ppl in one role change the names of files in some catalogs.
They also need to change Properties of the files. I am considering giving
them control of the Zope manage system on the files, but that should
mainly be for advanced users, so I would prefer making the interface
myself. I have tried with the python code below, but with no luck. I get
an access error. How can I do this and witch security permissions must the
role have? I don't fully understand what I(or more accurate, another
admin) have tried to do below, so an explanation of that would be great
too!

Please include newbie explanations;-)

<python parameter-list:oldid,newid,tittel,contents>
#context.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addFile(newid,file=contents,title=tittel)
#context.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_delObjects(oldid)

context.manage_renameObject(oldlid, newid, REQUEST)

print 'DOESN'T WORK!!!!!'
return printed
</python>

regards