[Zope] Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp (login problem)

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:13:02 -0500

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 03:41:05PM +0200, douwe@oberon.nl wrote:

>   When I start the START.BAT, my computer starts a dial-in to my
> internetprovider! It seems this occurs when START.BAT is trying to
> retrieve my hostname. When START.BAT is finished, I type in...

I think the usual solution is to make sure that you don't have to do a
DNS lookup to find your hostname (localhost, or whatever). Win98
should have a hosts file, perhaps called hosts.sam somewhere in the
Windows directory. Rename it to 'hosts', if needed, and then edit it
so that localhost is tied to address 127.0.0.1

If you've already tried 127.0.0.1 and it still wants to dial up, then
you may have to stick in a dummy network card (there may even be an
option to load the drivers for a virtual card, but not install any
hardware).

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu