[Zope] Strange error with Photo Product

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:34:43 -0700

>> Perhaps it was not clear from my posting: the upload process completes
>> successfully prior to the point where the exception is thrown.  Moreover,
>> I have checked the type of the form variable, 'the_file' and it is correct
>> as is its contents.
>
>I'm not sure what else to try.  Are you saying that manage_addPhoto
>completes *before* the exception? The exception you posted is pretty clear
>to me -- line 8 (before manage_addPhoto), no 'the_file' key in the 'request'
>var.  How can the line after it be successful if this is the case?

On first reading your response, I thought there was a difference between
the code generating the error response and the code I posted.  Just to
be sure, I reran the test case and, yes, you are right.  The exception
identifies the line just before the manage_addPhoto call.  BUT, by
the time the execption is raised Photo has already successfully added
the photograph.  I am at a loss to explain the fault.   The passed in
REQUEST looks fine if I replace manage_addPhoto with a script the dumps
REQUEST to the screen.  The 'the_file' variable is a FileUpload object
as I would expect.

Whatever is going on, it's very repeatable on my system.

Thanks for your help.