[Zope] Another strange problem within ZSQL Method

McDonnell, Larry lmcdonnell@protonenergy.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 08:01:23 -0400

Hi,

I use my pc as the development platform for my Zope pilot. Everything works
on my PC. Since this is a pilot, I have the main Zope server on an older
machine. After coping over the db and exporting/import the programs I notice
a strange problem. I wrote basically a search engine. I started to test this
new installation. I noticed that I was not able to retrieve a part number
using a wild card. I open the zsql method and started to test. If I entered
the following I can see part number inofrmation:

part_num 54%

As I added more of the variable I was limiting the search and it worked.
Until I inputed the following 54-070% worked but 54-0700% :

The sql statement is as follows:

select * from document_control where (part_num like '54-0700%') and
(document_type like 'Numbering');

This did not work and does not until I put the whole number 54-0700-0001.

Process Owner Originator Posted Location
Y Numbering 54-0700-0001 pes01387.asm panel, rear filter housing A
promain1/Current Master\Drawings\54-0700-0001_rev_a.pdf S. Balcezak
SQL used:
select * from document_control
where (part_num like '54-0700-0001') and
      (document_type like 'Numbering');

Any ideas?? Thanks.

Larry McDonnell

Proton Energy Systems