[Zope] Of Containers, Objects and Properties

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:34:27 +0200

Dan Shafer writes:
 > I have a folder containing multiple DTML Method objects. The folder has
 > some properties. Each DTML method has its own set of properties that are
 > different from those of the folder. Everything is being generated
 > dynamically by Python scripts.
 >
 > When I query the folder for its propertyItems as in:
 >
 > print context.propertyItems
 >
 > called with the folder as the context, I get a list of all the properties
 > in the folder *and* in all of its contained DTML Method objects.
Almost surely not:

  DTML Method's are *not* property managers. They do not have
  properties.

  I expect, that when you tried to add properties to them,
  the properties have been added to the containing folder instead
  (that's the magic of acquisition).

Dieter