[Zope] PropertyManager Support

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:32:06 +0200

Dan Shafer writes:
 > The only thing I can find in the docs about PropertyManager and where it is
 > supported is this somewhat unhelpful sentence. "Certain Zope objects
 > support the ability to maintain a set of arbitrary properties."
 >
 > What are those objects?
All, which derive from "OFS.PropertyManager".

 > Where is this documented?
When you see a "Properties" tab in the ZMI, the object is probably
a PropertyManager.

Isn't this enough documentation?

   The object says directly: look, I have properties!
   Why a thick documentation for such obvious features?

 > How would anyone find
 > this out without asking this list? I can't find anyplace that the Zope docs
 > define which interfaces are supported by which objects, but it's a big
 > ocean out there so maybe I missed a key island.
It's not yet optimal. With Zope3, it will become much better.

Dieter