[Zope] Disappearing manage_options Tab

Barry Berenberg berenberg@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:06:38 -0600

I'm trying to create my first Python product in Zope, and I'm running into a
strange problem. Basically I have two manage_options tabs (Edit and View).
The Edit tab is a simple form to change the title property (I'm starting out
very simple). The problem is that the Edit tab disappears after I submit the
changes, and then reappears if I go back to folder the object is contained
in and select the object again.

To eliminate newbie mistakes as the cause of the problem, I uploaded the
Addressit Product from the Zope Bible (the earliest version from Chapter 7,
again to keep it simple). The problem occurs with that product, too.

I'm running Zope 2.5.1 with Python 2.1.3 on Windows 2000 (binary
distribution). I also have a Mac (OS X 10.1.5) with the same versions of
Zope and Python, and both the Addressit Product and my own product work
normally there (the Edit tab doesn't disappear). So I suspect some problem
with the Windows binary distribution.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Should I try getting a different
distribution? Or is it safe for me to ignore the problem?

Thanks,

Barry Berenberg
mailto:berenberg@alum.mit.edu