[Zope] Disappearing manage_options Tab

Barry Berenberg berenberg@alum.mit.edu
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:06:03 -0600

Dieter Maurer writes:

> Barry Berenberg writes:
>  > I'm trying to create my first Python product in Zope, and I'm
> running into a
>  > strange problem. Basically I have two manage_options tabs
> (Edit and View).
>  > The Edit tab is a simple form to change the title property
> (I'm starting out
>  > very simple). The problem is that the Edit tab disappears
> after I submit the
>  > changes, and then reappears if I go back to folder the object
> is contained
>  > in and select the object again.
> What result does the submitting action returns?
>
> When you look at the Management Interface actions, they either redirect
> to a page or return a rendered page as result.

Did you see me followup response about the problem being browser-specific?
When I switched to Opera 6.0 from IE 5.0, the tabs worked as expected.

I did a bit more testing and narrowed it down to IE running on Windows.
Here's what I tried:

IE           Zope            Tabs OK?
Win2K        Win2K           No
Win2K        MacOSX          No
MacOSX       Win2K           Yes
MacOSX       MacOSX          Yes

Opera on either platform managing Zope on either platform works just fine.

Barry