[Zope] LocalFS busted on Zope 2.5.1?? - NOPE!

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:41:52 +0100

On 19/7/02 3:07 pm, "Dennis Allison" <allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU> wrote:

> From: Tony McDonald <tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk>
>> Hi all,
>> Just a heads-up. It seems LocalFS is broken under 2.5.1.
>>
>> Creating a new instance works fine, but then trying to view the instance
>> leads to the following;
>>
>> Error Type: TypeError
>> Error Value: filtered_meta_types() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
>
> I have been using LocalFS under 2.5.1 without encountering this problem.

I should have added, that this problem seems to occur with ZODBs that have
started out as clean 2.5.1 installations and *then* had the LocalFS Product
added. That is, if you had a Data.fs from a previous version of Zope that
had LocalFS in it, and then changed the INSTANCE_HOME to point to a 2.5.1
installation, you'll probably be ok.

On the other hand, if you have a Data.fs that did not have LocalFS
installed, and then upgraded to 2.5.1 and added LocalFS, you might well see
the problem.

This is certainly the case with the installations we have here.

Of course, YMMV, but thanks for the heads-up.

Tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140