[Zope] [HELP] Choice of a NT server

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:02:06 -0700

I have read somewhere that zope does not take advantage of dual cpus on NT.
My default install of 2.4.3 using zserver on NT4 confirms this.  Is there a
way to put that extra CPU to use?

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: D. Rick Anderson [mailto:ruger@comnett.net]
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 10:09 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] [HELP] Choice of a NT server

We've used the Compaq ML-370 with Dual P3-1.13GHz cpus and 1GB of RAM
for all of our Zope servers and they work awesome. I would look for
something similar. As much as I hate to admit it, I've had better
experiences with Intel cpus where servers are concerned.

As for Zope on different platforms, we're running 3 Zope servers on RH
7.x and 1 on Windows 2000 Server and we have more problems with the 2000
box than the other 3 combined (it needs to be rebooted frequently). My
only argument for 2000 is that data access is REALLY easy using ODBC
drivers (that's the only reason that we have the 2000, we have a series
of older database servers that we couldn't connect to with linux but had
ODBC drivers for).

Rick