[Zope] RE: Photo enhancement

Ron Bickers rbickers-expires-1027788813.71a062@logicetc.com
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 12:53:33 -0400

Nope.

> I know you
> prefer Imagemagik, but for us poor windoze folks that don't have
> a unix emulator, we are stuck with PIL.

I only prefer ImageMagick because it renders far better images than PIL.  If
the latest version of PIL using Antialias makes better images, then I'll
most definitely consider using it.  It's faster than ImageMagick and doesn't
require running an external program.

ImageMagick does run in Windows, as someone else pointed out.

> Please consider adding to the next release or posting a note on your page.

If it looks better, I'll certainly add this to the next release.

> I would love to see Photo work with
> ExternalFile's External Folder ...

I have plans to take a look at this product and incorporate into Photo.

> I'm very impressed with both products and see the potential of
> large scale commerce-grade applications if the import can be simplified.

I do want to make syncronization with a file system simpler.  In the mean
time, using FTP is almost as easy as it gets.

> On another subject, have you given any thought to pulling in the
> additional data fields in a jpeg typically written by digital
> cameras or captions and keyworks provided by image viewers as
> added properties of an imported photo?

Yes.  There is an add-on product that does this (available on Zope.org), and
I plan on incorporating it into Photo once I get a better handle on how it
works.

Thanks for your feedback!

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.