[Zope] Zope Timing out

D. Rick Anderson ruger@comnett.net
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 23:04:16 -0700

I'm guessing you've got this server on a private network behind a
firewall? If that's the case then www.my-domian.com is (or should)
resolve to the outside address that you're port forwarding for this
server which won't work for most firewalls (at least the ones that I
work with can't 'loop back'). The easiest solution is to just add an
entry into your /etc/hosts file (c:\windows\hosts on windblows I think)
for your domain like this:

192.168.1.1    www.my-domain.com    www

We use an internal DNS server to to sort out the confusion, but that's
not always possible.

Rick