[Zope] I/O Error: Stupid Log Write

Nicolas Romero Nicolas.Romero@adp3i.fr
22 Jul 2002 10:57:03 +0200

>>>>> Stephan Herschel <stephan.herschel@proceryon.at> wrote:

Stephan> Hi,
Stephan> When trying to restart the zope-server i get this error message. But i
Stephan> can't figure out which file zope is actually trying to write to. Can
Stephan> somebody please give me a hint on where i have to look?

Hi,

I had the same problem last week, and after some investigation I
finally found that it was caused by a call to LOG (from zLOG) in a
product.

After several unsuccessful modifications of the call parameters, I
understood that Zope uses the value of the STUPID_LOG_FILE environment
variable to figure out where to write its logs. Thus, starting Zope as
follows solved the problem:

/usr/bin/python z2.py -D STUPID_LOG_FILE /var/log/zope.log

See ${ZOPEDIR}/doc/LOGGING.txt for details.

Stephan> Thanks, Stephan

Regards,
--
Nicolas Romero, ADP3i   <http://www.adp3i.fr>