[Zope] Plone/CMF

NathanDunn@ctimi.com NathanDunn@ctimi.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:54:45 -0400

I am new to the Zope arena, but especially new to CMF and Plone.  I have
built a Plone site and somewhat customized it, but I am having one BIG
problem.

The site I am building requires users only to be able to see items which
they have access to.  I.e., User A should has access to folder 1, 2 and 5
(thus should only see 1,2  and 5), while user B has access to 2 and 4
(should only see 2 and 4).  Utilizing the Security tab, I have created new
roles for my user types and played around with the access priveledges.  It
looks to me that the way Zope works is to make you show all folder contents
("List Folder Contents") to a user and if they have "View" or some other
priveledge, it will allow them to get in...otherwise, a LOGIN pop-up box
appears.  Of course, in this case, I do not even want them to see
files/folders they do not have access to.

Is there something I am missing in the Zope setup, or am I going to have to
modify the Python scripts in the Plone/CMF pages?  If a modification to the
pages is in order, can someone help me there?

Thanks,
Nathan
--

 NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
 contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely