[Zope] How do _you_ contribute articles to a Zope intranet?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:18:56 -0400

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 03:01:53PM +0200, EvH wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since I now have a basic intranet running with Zope, I'm currently
> creating/editing articles but copy/pasting the HTML code into Namo's
> WYSIWYG HTML Webeditor, but it's clumsy, and I must remember to add the
> <dtml-var standard_html_header> and <dtml-var standard_html_footer> in each
> new articles. Keeping those two tools open and switching back and forth is
> a drag, and unusable by non-techies.

Try installing the ExternalEditor product.
Allows you to open zope documents with the editor of your choice,
even different editors for different doc types.
You just create a new doc as usual in the zope management interface,
then click on its little "pencil" icon, and it pops up your editor.
Save the file, and it goes into zope. Very very nice.
You do have to install client software on every computer where you
want to use it, but it's not hard to do.

http://www.zope.org/Members/Caseman/ExternalEditor

--

Paul Winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com