[Zope] Add ExternalFile using Forms

John "Amazn" Hazen jhazen@umich.edu
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:38:51 -0400 (EDT)

  Has anybody used the External File product created by arielpartners
using purely forms?  What I'd like to do is have a user create an image file
that is stored as an external file and have information about the image
stored into the mySQL database.
  The idea was to create a form that would gather information such as
submitter, the name of the file to upload, title, caption, keywords, etc..
and have all of this information go into the mySQL database while at the
same time creating an external file object using the product created by
the arielpartners.
  My trouble is how do I use the external file product solely using forms?
Is there any special labels I have to give each variable of the form
fields?  Also what is the method for adding an external file purely using
forms? Right now I'm trying the following code to no avial:
<form action="manage_addExtFile" method="post">
  If anyone could provide any insight I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
John Hazen