[Zope] Bizarre, Frustrating Browser-Specific Behavior?

Richard Wesley hawkfish@electricfish.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:08:46 -0700

At 9:28 PM -0700 7/23/02, Dan Shafer wrote:
>I have been using Zope part-time now for almost a year. I've built
>some simple stuff and some moderately complex stuff. Over that time,
>I've kept notes about things I didn't understand, deleting those
>notes as I've learned more (mostly from this list).
>
>But now I'm just at a point where I have to make a decision whether
>to make a *big* commitment to Zope over the next year or so on
>behalf of my two biggest clients and I'm experiencing some weirdness
>that gives me a bit of pause. I'm really looking here for an
>indication whether these are things others have encountered as well
>or whether there might be something I'm either doing wrong or not
>understanding.
>
>1. Working in IE5 on Macintosh OS X, I often encounter what look for
>all the world like corrupted or scrambled files. Python Script
>objects appear particularly vulnerable, but I've seen this with DTML
>docs and methods as well. The symptom is that some number of letters
>at the beginning of the file appear to be replaced by stray and
>often unprintable characters. When this happens, the rest of the
>file becomes scrambled and sometimes unreadable, always cut off
>before it ends. I can switch to Windows at that point, e.g., and
>open the same file, and all looks normal.

Editing anything in a browser sucks.  Get BBEdit:  It doesn't suck.

I know it costs money, but man is it worth it.

- rmgw

<http://www.trustedmedianetworks.com/>

Richard Wesley                                  Trusted Media Networks, Inc.

"...if you can't get out, you just either blow something up, or you eat
  something, or you just throw penguins in the air."
                                              - Brian Henson