[Zope] python scripts,zsql methods and many parameters

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:24:17 +0200

Jeff Sacksteder writes:
 > # I got an error leading me to believe that I can only list 5 parameters.
You have been mislead. You can pass any (okay almost) number of
parameters.

 > # Is this syntax correct?
Almost.

   Probably, your mail agent split the line after "=". If not,
   the syntax were wrong. It lacks a "\" at the end of this line
   (indication a continuation).

 > insert_object =
 > container.logging_row_insert(company=a,item=b,cost=c,date=d,color=e,warranty
 > =f)
 >
 > return
This value-less return is dangerous (more precisely, misleading).
Zope will return an empty page. Many browsers do not want to
believe this and wait indefinitely for something more, in vain...

Use instead something like: "return 'finished'"

Dieter