[Zope] Improving CMS Performance: Help Needed

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 07:59:44 +1000

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:02 pm, Klaus Herrmann wrote:
> Does anyone know some hints how to get more performance out of zope? Any
> common Python / DTML routines that cost way too much time? Any
> experiances in improving Zope's speed?

Have you used the CallProfiler to identify the hotspots yourself? See

  http://www.zope.org/Members/richard/docs/zope_optimisation.html

for other ideas. It may be that some of your pages might be broken up into
cacheable bits that depend on fewer variables (we have sections of our site
that end up having about 300 combinations (IIRC) yet the performance gain
outweighs the cost of having them cached)

     Richard