[Zope] creating instances of ZDiscussions programatically

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:06:20 -0700

Sure Chris...

The product is a mixed DTML/Python thing with base classes in Python.
The usual instantation is via the ZMI where you create a instance of
the Zclass, then on a separate tab, copy in the code which does the
high level interface.

I want to create instances programmatically--that is, I have a form
which allows my users to create a discussion thread.  I'd thought
that I could simply simulate the ZMI mechanisms in Python or DTML,
This fails both when accessed expicitly and when accessed using
the through-the-web interface.  I suspect protections but have not
found the right ones to toggle.

Non of the literature I have at hand talks much about instantiating
ZClasses from programs...

Had I a bit more time, I'd redo the whole system as a Python Product
but there's no time for such.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.