Speeding up Zope startup (was: [Zope] Re: Zope digest, Vol 1 #2225 - 6 msgs)

EvH edward_van_h@bigfoot.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:05:30 +0200

At 12:44 24/07/2002 -0500, Steve Drees <drees@rangebroadband.com> wrote:
>are you online when starting up zope?

Online? You mean, connected to the Net? Sometimes. Besides the instense
disk-drive activity that I can hear when hitting start.bat, does Zope try
to connect to a remote server on the Net without telling anyone? My
firewall doesn't include rules to allow Zope to connect to the Net, so I
don't think that's what it is. I didn't do anything special besides running
the Windows install program, so I guess it's normal behavior, but I wish it
started faster.

Thx
EvH.