[Zope] Keeping my promises - writing tutorials for Zope

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:16:05 +0300

During Europython 2002's BOF-sessions I promised to contribute to the
community by writing tutorials for how to get into Zope for beginners.
The need for these tutorials is clear, since we are teachingh Zope in
our company, Fountain Park, and at the same other people have the same
need too.

Besides the Zope Book and other published books, there has been nothing
to support users that are beginning their journey on Zope. There has
been several howto's and guides for different things, but many are
outdated or have only about one subject where as these tutorials are
intended to be a series of information that will give a more complete
view for the beginner user. Meaning these tutorials will be a series
that have a common story that ties them together.

These tutorials will not invent the wheel again, but create a clear path
that people can follow and start their journey. My wish is that these
tutorials will help more people to start use Zope in a good way and
possible help Zope to land better into corporate world, when more users
have knowledge and trust into this system.

This is the beginning of my small contribution to the community. Hope
this helps and someone else will also want to contribute. What I would
like to hear from everyone else is, what things should be covered and
how, to which other resources and how-to's I should link to and -- the
most important part -- ' Hey nice idea, I could write about this thing'
or 'yes, I commented to the wiki just a couple of minutes ago'.

Frontpage for the project is found at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/huima/tutorials/FrontPage

And the first tutorial being written:

http://www.zope.org/Members/huima/tutorials/IntroductionTutorial

Please contribute and help to generate a new generation of Zope users!

-huima