[Zope] Keeping my promises - writing tutorials for Zope

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 23:58:39 GMT

> I think what is necessary to fill the gap here is a "Zope Cookbook" much
> like the Perl Cookbook, which isn't really narrative about "how to learn
> Zope", but narrative about "how to to X in Zope".  It'd be cool if
> someone were to make a deal with Adam to use the contents of
> ZopeLabs.com as the basis for such a cookbook.

A Zope Cookbook is what I had in mind (although you coined the phrase far
better).  Note, however, that the ZopeLabs has bits and pieces (and not all of
the pieces).  There are many basic things that are not covered in ZopeLabs
(probably because they are so elementary) that should be covered for newbies.

Ron