[Zope] Keeping my promises - writing tutorials for Zope

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 11:57:37 +0300

Chris McDonough wrote:

> Amen! I've written a lot in the new Zope Book revision about what it
> means to "publish an object", which in turn led me to need to write to a
> chapter about object orientation.

Sounds good!

> I think what is necessary to fill the gap here is a "Zope Cookbook" much
> like the Perl Cookbook, which isn't really narrative about "how to learn
> Zope", but narrative about "how to to X in Zope".  It'd be cool if
> someone were to make a deal with Adam to use the contents of
> ZopeLabs.com as the basis for such a cookbook.

There is definiteve need for Zope Cookbook! I would have wanted that
agest ago and when I have talked with new Zope beginners, they seem to
want one too. Code examples that show Zope concepts are really powerfull
way to learn after the person has first understood some of the basics of
Zope. It should just be done.

Who could start doing such a project and how we all could help it to happen?

-huima