[Zope] Stupid ZClass question

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 19:28:47 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C235A3.D3EAFF90

Chris --

Well, running 2.5.0 on Madrake 8 something, I can tell you that it can work.
So let's see what's going wrong.

Did you rename your ZClass after building it?

Can you post the contents of the add method? (Which, if Zope created it for
you, will be called ZooExhibits_add, and will be located in the
/Control_Panel/Products/Exhibits)

ZClasses aren't (IMHO) quite as evil as some may tell you -- they have their
place for quickly sketching out prototypes or building a simple data object
that will be easier for a client/coworker to modify. If you don't have CVS
running on your server, getting the versioning and history of your objects
is also plus for ZClasses that Python Products wouldn't give. But Python
Products are certainly preferable in many cases. Don't worry, though--there
are lots of snags to consider once you start learning those, too. ;-)

BTW, while the Zope Book is fine, it's gotten a bit out of date. Keep your
paper copy to share with the grandkids, and use the online copy (which is
much more updated) for learning, if you can. You can download it as a PDF.

- J.
--
Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton  |  www.joelburton.com  |  aim:wjoelburton
Information Technology & Knowledge Management Consultant

	filename="Joel Burton.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Burton;Joel
FN:Joel Burton
ORG:Joel Burton & Associates
TITLE:Principal
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(202) 483-7168
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(202) 483-7168
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(202) 251-4877
ADR;WORK:;;1705 P St NW #43;Washington;DC;20036;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:1705 P St NW =
#43=3D0D=3D0AWashington, DC 20036=3D0D=3D0AUnited States of America
ADR;HOME:;;1705 P St NW #43;Washington;DC;20036;United States of America
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:1705 P St NW =
#43=3D0D=3D0AWashington, DC 20036=3D0D=3D0AUnited States of America
URL;WORK:http://joelburton.com
ROLE:Information Technology
BDAY:19721012
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:joel@joelburton.com