[Zope] Best Class for Persistent, Ordered List

Ross Boylan RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:05:27 -0700

At 03:30 PM 7/28/02 -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
>Wait a second, I just reread Ross' original question.  He *doesn't*
>want the items to be sorted.  I misunderstood, sorry!
>
>There's nothing wrong with PersistentList or just a plain old Python
>list for this purpose.  Order of insertion is preserved in either.

I'm glad someone was paying attention!  Thanks, Florent.

Is PersistentList available anywhere in the Zope core?  As far as I could
tell, it's not, so I've stuck my own file in with it.

Also, I thought perhaps there might be some performance or concurrency
issues with vanilla (Persistent or not) lists.

P.S. Just out of curiosity, how are the OOSet elements ordered?  via __cmp__?