[Zope] confirmation or redirect

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:08:53 +0200

Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:

>Umm... No. Why you should use this "JavaScript masturbation"? (sorry, this
>phrase is taken from ESR essays :) -- no offence. To make yet another one
>lynx-incompatible site which is *REQUIRED* JavaScript turned on?

Bahh ... technology purists ...

Let's see ... we have the most popular technology in decades called the
web. Where the user has voted with their feets, almost all of them, that
they want modern browsers. Ie. they have upgraded to newer versions.

And then we should let the use be hampered by accomodating a few Lynx
users? I don't get it. It was the same attitude against the browser in
the beginning. "I can do nothing in a browser I cannot do with Gopher,
only better."

The web is about looks and interaction as much as it is about the
"hypertext ideal." Practically nobody wants to use Lynx.

Get over it ;-)

regards Max M

--

"Sorry I would Really Like To Help More On This Project,
But Am To Busy Doing Paid Work On A Tight Deadline"