[Zope] Re: Zope digest, Vol 1 #2238 - 43 msgs

abg@comco-inc.com abg@comco-inc.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:04:19 -0500

Yep, I see similar behavior. Zope doesn't respond until 30s+ after the
service has supposedly restarted.

I pack frequently, and my database is only 57mb.

Aaron Gillette
abg@comco-inc.com

Comco, Inc.
The Source for Data Pros WorldWide.
Specializing in large-format tape drives (3480, 3490, 3490e, 3590 &
9-track), data translation services and data management software.

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of EvH
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 4:48 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Re: Zope digest, Vol 1 #2238 - 43 msgs

At 12:00 27/07/2002 -0400, "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@mitretek.org> wrote:
>[Tom P]
>[...] There was a thread awhile ago about this, and as I recall, people
>with very large database files - data.fs - had very slow startup
>times.  So clean up and pack your database.
>
>Search the archives to see if you can find that thread.

Will do. Thing is this is just a tiny test setup, and installed the
standard way. I can see a bunch of  .py and .pyc files in sub-directories,
so no ideas if some could be removed to force Zope to use
byte-code-compiled files to speed things up.

Anybody else running Zope 2.5.1 under W2K (256RAM, IDE drive) has to wait
about 30s before it's up and running?

Thx much for the pointer
EvH.