[Zope] newbie question - start page configuration

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:35:13 -0700

Here's two ways. Someone will probably have a better suggestions.

1) Put a python script in your root folder to redirect to your target
object. Something like:

container.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect("/Examples/mynewpage")

or

container.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(container.Examples.mynewpage.absolute_ur
l())

This has the disadvantage of exposing the real URL to the end user. Perhaps
you don't care, perhaps you do.

2) Put it behind apache and use VirtualHostMonster. This is more
complicated, but it can make "/Examples" appear and act as your site root.
It can also help guard against DoS attacks.