[Zope] Signals

Christian Theune ct@gocept.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:59:43 +0200

Hi.

I currently have a problem regarding signals. I'm using pylog (a python
- prolog interface) for some generator code which should be creating
Zope objects. The problem is the usage of signals in the pylog code, to
detect timeouts when waiting for responses from the prolog interpreter.

The problem arises with the use of multiple threads where the use of
"signal()" is only valid in the main thread. It came to my mind that
currently signal handling is going to be implemented in Zope 2.6 afaik
(zigg, you are doing this, or am i wrong?) and maybe there is some way
to provide an infrastructure on distributing signals to methods in
multiple threads or something like that (if possible).

Cheers
Christian

--
Christian Theune - ct@gocept.com
gocept gmbh & co.kg - schalaunische strasse 6 - 06366 koethen/anhalt

reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,[chr(ord(x)^42) for x in 'zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b'])